Guys, I think I’m turning into Charlie Davies.
Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been writing ‘Graceless’ most days, and even on the days when I haven’t actually written anything I’ve been plotting and planning things that will happen later in the series. (There are a couple of bigger story arcs that I kind of need to figure out so that I don’t write myself into a hole. You know, overarching mysteries – maybe something to do with Charlie’s brother… Sorry to be such a tease. But not really.)
While I’m shit at planning out shorter things, i.e. plotting the beats of a novel, I’m a BOSS at coming up with plots that reveal themselves over the course of a series. But that’s beside the point.
What I mean to tell you is that I’ve been spending A LOT of time with Charlie.
And I think she’s rubbing off on me.
It’s not that there weren’t similarities before, but now…
What do I mean, you ask? Well, here’s a selection of things I’ve done over the past two weeks:
- Slipped over in the rain on my way to work, landing in a puddle and completely soaking my entire arse and leg.
- Had one too many glasses of wine at dinner and knocked my cup flying across the table.
- Lost my temper and nearly punched a customer at work.
- Slipped over AGAIN – this time on a folded up yoga mat (oh, I know) while naked (yes, I know) before work (AGAIN). Of course, this hurt WAY more than slipping over on the tiles. My knee audibly crunched, like someone crushing ice with their teeth. (But, since I’m super tough – like Charlie – I didn’t even cry. Just took a couple of deep breaths and chastised myself for being so stupid.)
- Ate 2-minute noodles for every meal for 4 days straight.
- Left updating my glasses prescription to the last minute before going overseas because I was too busy
playing Solitaire on my laptopwriting to visit the optometrist.
It’s actually a bit ridiculous.
Anyway, I’d better get back to writing. This book isn’t going to finish itself.
And remember, if you haven’t picked up a copy of ‘Short Fuse’, you can get one for free on my Free Stuff page – along with a couple of other ‘DVD Extras’.